My First go at making a coop out of pallets,(work in progress)

major

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 6, 2012
I got my hands on some pallets and stared thinking "BIGGER COOP" more chickens lol
I still have alot more to do but this is my progress so far.....

Pulling the pallets apart and De-nailing

I started with a pallet crate

As you can see iv moved my old coop up off the ground to make some more room for my 4 hens, still need to add wire instead of the netting

Sorry about the photo it dark out so i had to finish up :-(

so how do you think its looking like fair?
I will update as i go (",)

Good job
thumbsup.gif

That is so cool, Major! How long did it take you to denail?? :) I'd thought about using pallets, but was never sure how I would go about it. You've given me inspiration!

I like the way you used the pallet boards to cover the outside of the coop. It must have been a little work removing all the nails.

You could even build with pallets without pulling the pallets apart. You can use tar paper and roofing shingles to cover it, or if you can find some plywood, you can use that.

There are always people on Craigslist giving away building materials. And free pallets are always available.

It's good to see people making use of free materials.

Thanks guys and girls,
It did not take to long to de-nail all the pallets about 1-2 hours when you think about how much could you earn in 2 hours! and how much wood would that buy you ? so it worth the effort,
Once you have plenty to get on with you will find you make the time back by using the dimensions of the wood "i,e" no cutting needed :) so All in All iv spent about 5-6 hours and its cost me around £60 for some wire and 20x 1"x2" lengths for the run all the rest has been free.....!

Thanks for taking the time to look till next time.

Back
Top Bottom