My first green egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cpegram, Sep 17, 2010.

1. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

my other EE lays brown so i was happy to see Bella (EE) lay this

[​IMG]
    Bella [​IMG] .........so proud of her
    [​IMG]

2. emmak

emmak Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    North Central Texas
    Still waiting for my first green/blue egg. I got my pullet in April. She was very young. But still no eggs . . .

3. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

this was her first egg...pretty big compared to the other first eggs....she was hatched April 14th....I still have 2 other EE's that haven't laid yet....

4. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    You folks are making me so jealous with your beautifully colored eggs. I need an EEgger!!!![​IMG]

5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Ohhh it's beautiful and so big! My ees hatched May23, I can't stand it! Congrats!

6. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

My EE, Big Bertha, went into the henhouse today and was messin' around with the nesting material and making a bunch of noise, and she is normally NOT a noisy girl at all. I can't wait to see what color egg she lays! Congratulations on the beautiful green egg. I'm hoping that her eggs are either blue/green or a pretty green like the one you have there!

Your Bella is very pretty, too. Good girl, Bella. Give her a treat!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  7. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Good Girl! Isn't it so fun to find that pretty minty green egg? I LOVE it!!! I need more EEers, too!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by