My first hatch in my new incubator.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Denninmi, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    I just thought I'd share a photo of the my first hatch in my newest "incubator"

Pretty sophisticated for something that costs about $25:

It is a Dove Brand model 1.0 automatic incubator/brooder, made by Mother Nature, Inc.

It features:

Two egg capacity. Adjustable for any size egg, as long as they're approximate one inch in diameter.

"Smart" technology allows the unit to construct it's own egg rack, and automatically adjusts the position of the egg on the rack to the idea angle.

Automatic temperature control, preset at the ideal hatching temp of 101 degrees

Automatic turner rotates eggs the ideal number of times per day

Automatic humidity control, but you do have to clean and refill the water tank every day

Runs on biofuels.

Built in alarm system features a loud "cooing" sound that alerts the user to any problems with the system

Doubles as a long-term, maintenance-free brooder. The user merely needs to keep the biofuel and water reservoirs full, and the unit takes care of the rest, raising hatchlings to maturity with no effort on the part of the user.

[​IMG]

2. bunnibird55

bunnibird55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Haha! That's cute!!!
    I'll have to remember that if my cochin hatches out her eggs - she has four days left before they should start hatching!

3. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    lol my 3rd incubator is due to hatch friday, the 1st 1 broke down today, so some eggs had to go back in the high maintenance bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by