My first Hatch. Itzy and Ditzy's BBS Cochin eggs

I set 3 of hers this time since she went broody so that was all she laid. 2 were not fertilized so did nothing. then the 1 that was left quit around day 9. :( So I only have 3 shipped eggs still going..... well as far as I can tell they are still going. 2 are under Ditzy and 1 in the incubator but once that one hatches I will sneak it under Ditzy. Just hoping to see one hatch. So should change the name of the thread since technically it isn't an Itzy and Ditzy hatch anymore. :( Depending on what colors/sexes I get this time I may try again once Ditzy starts laying again.
I can’t wait to see what you get! I hope they all hatch!

Me too! Set my eggs into lockdown at 2pm today!
so exciting! I bumped up my humidity about 45 min ago but last I checked it was still only showing around 58%. hoping it goes up more and quick! I have both trays filled and closed the vent a tiny bit to try to bring it up.

I bumped up my humidity about 45 min ago but last I checked it was still only showing around 58%. hoping it goes up more and quick! I have both trays filled and closed the vent a tiny bit to try to bring it up.
Omg I had the EXACT same thing happen! 😂 and closed the vent just a smidgen to help!

I cant wait. Maybe you should try ditzys eggs again when she starts laying. Her babies would have been beautiful.
I may. I only have room for 2 more babies and wanted them to be splash Cochin pullets. So depending on what these 3 turn out to be and how hard any that aren't splash are to find homes for I may try to hatch out more once she starts laying again. I also have some extra that I ordered JIC I got any roos or some didn't make it that I will need to find homes for.... so need to see how that goes first. haahaa. Can't end up with a bunch of extras that I can't re-home.

I set 3 of hers this time since she went broody so that was all she laid. 2 were not fertilized so did nothing. then the 1 that was left quit around day 9. :( So I only have 3 shipped eggs still going..... well as far as I can tell they are still going. 2 are under Ditzy and 1 in the incubator but once that one hatches I will sneak it under Ditzy. Just hoping to see one hatch. So should change the name of the thread since technically it isn't an Itzy and Ditzy hatch anymore. :( Depending on what colors/sexes I get this time I may try again once Ditzy starts laying again.
Aww I hope you can eventually get some chicks out of Ditzy

I had to work today. Ditzy got off the nest box just before 6 and with in 10-15 min was back on and on the correct one. PHEW since I forgot to block off the others. then I peeked in on the camera when I was on my break at work and it wasn't working! so messaged my daughters to go open the nest boxes and peek, before they could the camera came back up and she was till in the box. That was around 1:45ish. Got out of work a bit before 5 and peeked and she got off the box around 2:45 and got back on the wrong one! CRAP! So she was off of them for about 2 1/2 hrs. I did candle them before I swapped her over and the lighter one I saw a vein, could see chick in the med colored one but couldn't make out veins and didn't see movement. UGH! Hoping they are still going strong! They are due to hatch on Tue. I really don't want to have to move her. I have to work tomorrow too. I will be up early if she gets off then, but gone most of the day. I do have 1 daughter home that can check and move her if need be but not sure how often I can check the camera when I am at work.

2 of my girls didn't lay today which means they will lay early tomorrow. Not sure if the other 3 will lay again tomorrow. She still has 2 unfertilized ones in her box with the 2 good ones. Should I take the 2 good ones out in the am and put them int he incubator till I get home? Or will Ditzy go in "lockdown" and not get up since tomorrow is day 20 (after 3:30pm) I have read some don't get up and some that do..

Back
Top Bottom