These are the 2 that Ditzy has that turned out to be non Cochins

Attachments

• 3201764208728749698.jpg
    3201764208728749698.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 8494004145169453427.jpg
    8494004145169453427.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 1
the wings feathers that are growing in look black and brown... not really any white coming in at all which is why I am thinking a barnyard mix.......

both are standard. All I have are standards..
Strange. Thats from an EBay egg right? Did the seller list breeds? Did the listing say pure or mixed?

Strange. Thats from an EBay egg right? Did the seller list breeds? Did the listing say pure or mixed?
The listing was for blue to splash Standard Cochin hatching eggs.

He had some other listings for eggs as well, one was Brahmas. Then may have been a barnyard mix, I can't remember. Guessing he doesn't really separate the flock or doesn't care? Not sure but it was not a good experience. I ended up filing a claim with eBay after trying to deal with him with no luck. Only answer I got from him was his listing states no returns or refunds.

Ok ordered 18+ BBS Cochin eggs!!!!!!!! They should be shipped tomorrow and here Friday!!!!!! So should be set sometime SAT under my broody's!!!! Hatch date June 18th! once I get the eggs and know how many are good I will start a new thread.
We will be on the same hatching schedule! 😂

The listing was for blue to splash Standard Cochin hatching eggs.

He had some other listings for eggs as well, one was Brahmas. Then may have been a barnyard mix, I can't remember. Guessing he doesn't really separate the flock or doesn't care? Not sure but it was not a good experience. I ended up filing a claim with eBay after trying to deal with him with no luck. Only answer I got from him was his listing states no returns or refunds.
Thats terrible. I ordered from Blue-Ribbon-Farms on EBay, and though I have not had a chick hatch, she has been great. First, she worked with me on the 6 assorted Bantam eggs. I told her 0 hatched and the 5 that developed only developed to about day 5. She told ne she was sorry about the hatch rate, and she would send me more. She sent 12 White Cochin Bantam eggs as replacement for the 8 that I bought. And she only made me pay $10 for shipping. I updated her on the fertility of the white eggs saying only 1 developed and she replied that if I was ever her way I could pick up some eggs/chicks from her for free. She really has been great, and though I might not order from her again because of fertility and hatch rates, she has been amazing with her customer service.

Back
Top Bottom