My First Hatch! SILKIES!!!!!

First off, sorry for the long post!
The babies are 6 weeks now and it's been a journey! I had the smallest one get a leg thing going and it was just poking out to the side. Didn't stop it from getting around or eating and drinking. I picked it up several times a day and moved the leg around gently. It finally went back to normal and the baby is just fine now. I thought for sure it was my only hen out of the 4 BUT a few days ago we started hearing some garbled frog choking sounds coming from their overnight crate when we turned the lights on in the morning. I caught him at it this morning and he kept on going after I picked him up. Now, one of the reasons I thought it was a hen is because the head feathers (what there are of them) were completely rounded while the others seem to have spikes coming up. Secondly, he is the smallest of the 4. Now I'm wondering if they're all Roos! The black one is the confirmed crower. The gray for comparison.
omg i love them such pretty birds, I havent incubated any, i dont think i want to, but i find it so cool that u did this, are these ur first chicks?

omg i love them such pretty birds, I havent incubated any, i dont think i want to, but i find it so cool that u did this, are these ur first chicks?
They were my first purchased eggs that I incubated. I am still so in love with them! Even the hubby is constantly checking on them to make sure they have the best of everything. He even offered to build a second coop just for them. I'm thinking that may be a great idea.

They were my first purchased eggs that I incubated. I am still so in love with them! Even the hubby is constantly checking on them to make sure they have the best of everything. He even offered to build a second coop just for them. I'm thinking that may be a great idea.
thats so nice, I may want to have one of my silkies or other hens try to hatch out some polish eggs, Im excited to see that happen later on down the line. Life happening is amazing. and yours did turn out so very pretty. wish i didnt have all white silkies. lol.

thats so nice, I may want to have one of my silkies or other hens try to hatch out some polish eggs, Im excited to see that happen later on down the line. Life happening is amazing. and yours did turn out so very pretty. wish i didnt have all white silkies. lol.
I was thinking of having them hatch eggs as well when I decided to buy the eggs. I just think it would be the coolest thing to watch them raise chicks.

Back
Top Bottom