1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my first hatch What Went WRong?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FLITZ, Mar 14, 2012.

1. FLITZ

FLITZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    !!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!

45 hatched and for now are healthy in the brooder.

Two more are trying to hatch and are chirping in the shells. this is day 22 so i figure I would give the other eggs another day or so. I don't want to toss them and kill something that may have hatched late.

Two that didnt make it piped started making its way out of the shell and died [​IMG]

My first hatch using two LGs That i got off of craigslist and free eggs from pullets that were around 8 mths old.

I started with somewhere around 60 eggs I'm not certain

I want to think everyone who helped teach me how to incubate on this forum. There were also a couple that sent me PMs with sound advice. You guys are great!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. OCpeep

OCpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    [​IMG]

3. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Congrats! I am waiting for my chicks to hatch, so far I have 9 duck eggs alive and 18 chicken eggs alive, so I'm hoping for the best. :D

4. FLITZ

FLITZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Good luck with your hatch

One of mine just died [​IMG]. but im still so happy it went so well

5. curranchickens

curranchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2011
    Fredericskburg, VA
    Quote:

Congrats! I am getting ready to start my first set of eggs in the incubator myself. I am very excited. Your success story gives me hope! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by