My first Hatch!

bashley1991

Hatching
Jun 6, 2015
Just put in my first set of eggs in my incubator!
Got a mix of eggs that should be a bunch of frizzle, sizzle, silkies. Can't wait to see what I get!

Any extra advice is appreciated!

That's awesome! I love/adore those breeds! They are my all time favorites!
My advice is to just be prepared, that's the most important thing. Shipped hatching eggs usually don't get a lot of hatchers, because of the environment they had to go through.

I got very lucky and found some locally that I picked up myself! So I am hopeful I will have a good hatch rate!

I'd suggest that you join one of the hatching threads: She said he said, or the thread started by Sally Sunshine. Also, you'll gain lots of useful knowledge by reading Hatching Eggs 101 in the learning center.

welcome-byc.gif

Great that you can get eggs locally! You will get a lot better success rate with those

I'd suggest that you join one of the hatching threads: She said he said, or the thread started by Sally Sunshine. Also, you'll gain lots of useful knowledge by reading Hatching Eggs 101 in the learning center.
x2
Also I would make sure that you keep your incubator in a room with pretty steady temperature, especially if you're using a styrofoam incubator. Always have more than one thermometer in a styrofoam incubator, and always use an analog thermometer in conjunction with a digital--in case of battery failure. There is so much helpful info here on BYC in regards to hatching--and so many people who know so much about it! If you are using a styrofoam incubator I would suggest you check out @AmyLynn2374 's dry incubation method--worked great for me. Hope you have a great hatch!

Back
Top Bottom