1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by eastTNchick, Dec 6, 2008.

1. eastTNchick

eastTNchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    Well, my pullet's first hatch!! She has been setting on a dozen eggs for 3 weeks. Well, 10 since Thursday. As of 8:30 p.m., I have 9 fluffy babies - well 5 fluffy and 4 very wet babies! The last 4 had just hatched!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm so excited!!

3 look like buffs, 1 looks like a cross between a buff and black australorp, and 1 looks like a cross between a buff and speckled sussex. The other 4 were took wet to tell for sure, but looked to be buffs. I'm still waiting on 1 to hatch. Hopefully, it'll hatch over night.

After everyone is all fluffy and dry, I'll try to take some pics, if ms. broody will let me. LOL She's a very protective momma. They are soo cute! I love my fluffy baby chicks! [​IMG]

2. ddeans

ddeans Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Congratulations.. My first batch is in the bator... [​IMG]:fl:fl

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    CONGRATS on the new babies [​IMG]

4. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Congrats!!! [​IMG] I have some hatching out of a bator at the moment. [​IMG]

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] Can I come over and watch ??

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Hooray for new babies!! [​IMG]

7. Jamie821

Jamie821 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Niota, Tennessee
    easttnchick you are my neighbor I live in Niota just down the street from you congrats

8. eastTNchick

eastTNchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Decatur, TN
    Quote:Hey neighbor!!!! I didn't know any BYC members lived this close! I wonder if we've ran into each other at some point? LOL

Thanks everyone for the congrats! It's been a crazy day and I can't get her to let me get any pics, so I'll have to wait until after church tonight and get DH to hold her long enough for me to snap a quick pic to show you!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  9. Chix-in-GA

Chix-in-GA Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    Nashville, GA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Awesome on the first hatch. My first attempt is in the bator now. I hope to goes as well as yours.

10. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Congrats on your new babies!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have a full bator right now, some due right before Christmas and some right after.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by