My first hatch!!

eastTNchick

Songster
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
Decatur, TN
Well, my pullet's first hatch!! She has been setting on a dozen eggs for 3 weeks. Well, 10 since Thursday. As of 8:30 p.m., I have 9 fluffy babies - well 5 fluffy and 4 very wet babies! The last 4 had just hatched!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I'm so excited!!

3 look like buffs, 1 looks like a cross between a buff and black australorp, and 1 looks like a cross between a buff and speckled sussex. The other 4 were took wet to tell for sure, but looked to be buffs. I'm still waiting on 1 to hatch. Hopefully, it'll hatch over night.

After everyone is all fluffy and dry, I'll try to take some pics, if ms. broody will let me. LOL She's a very protective momma. They are soo cute! I love my fluffy baby chicks!
love.gif

Quote:
Hey neighbor!!!! I didn't know any BYC members lived this close! I wonder if we've ran into each other at some point? LOL

Thanks everyone for the congrats! It's been a crazy day and I can't get her to let me get any pics, so I'll have to wait until after church tonight and get DH to hold her long enough for me to snap a quick pic to show you!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom