My First Hatch!

Black-Teacup

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2017
Idaho-ish
I was given some Welsh Harlequin eggs a while back. All were proven to be viable, much to my delight. 6/6 made it to lockdown, but I've had a LOT of problems, mostly stemming from my super awful incubator >:u

There isn't a window in the silly thing, so I have to keep breaking lockdown to check up on things. This lead to some problems, such as four babies getting shrinkwrapped (I saved three, luckily)

I still have two to go, and am super excited to be done with this whole adventure. Stuff's stressful when you have crap equipment!

Still, three babies so far, and they are wonderful. Don't know genders yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out lol. Lessons have been learned today, so hopefully my next hatch will go a bit better ;)

(Also, as a side note, do all hatches smell so strange??? It's like dog afterbirth mixed wilth egg smell, but weirder)

I was given some Welsh Harlequin eggs a while back. All were proven to be viable, much to my delight. 6/6 made it to lockdown, but I've had a LOT of problems, mostly stemming from my super awful incubator >:u

There isn't a window in the silly thing, so I have to keep breaking lockdown to check up on things. This lead to some problems, such as four babies getting shrinkwrapped (I saved three, luckily)

I still have two to go, and am super excited to be done with this whole adventure. Stuff's stressful when you have crap equipment!

Still, three babies so far, and they are wonderful. Don't know genders yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out lol. Lessons have been learned today, so hopefully my next hatch will go a bit better ;)

(Also, as a side note, do all hatches smell so strange??? It's like dog afterbirth mixed wilth egg smell, but weirder)

How exciting! Atleast you were able to save some! We will need to see some pictures
1f60a.png

And here's everyone in the brood bin. They think it's okay in there, but snuggling up on my neck seems to be their favorite place.

My last kid is hatching! It's a girl!! (I think???)Tres Amigos have a little sister(?)! :D

EDIT: aaaand her head is clear!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom