My first heating pad baby hatched today!

Onecrazychicken

In the Brooder
May 28, 2020
Mother Flockers Farm, Live Oak, FL
It’s been a long hard journey but I had my first baby hatch today! I don’t have an incubator yet so I tried it old school, with a bin, a cup of water, manual turning and rotating eggs and a heating pad. I had to put 2 hand towels on the pad then one over the eggs and water, and with lots and lots and then a bit more of checking temp and rotation, today I had success! My first baby hatched! I couldn’t be more excited. She is Buff Cochin and EE mix but so cute! 0C005836-5EAB-4101-8E57-4B8746C90654.jpeg B73F20BF-29E7-4CC8-A7A4-2DBC2A725E80.jpeg

It’s been a long hard journey but I had my first baby hatch today! I don’t have an incubator yet so I tried it old school, with a bin, a cup of water, manual turning and rotating eggs and a heating pad. I had to put 2 hand towels on the pad then one over the eggs and water, and with lots and lots and then a bit more of checking temp and rotation, today I had success! My first baby hatched! I couldn’t be more excited. She is Buff Cochin and EE mix but so cute!View attachment 2171925View attachment 2171926
Wow! Awesome! I've heard of a lot of attempts at this but I haven't seen a successful one yet. Is this your only one? Great job! :clap

It’s been a long hard journey but I had my first baby hatch today! I don’t have an incubator yet so I tried it old school, with a bin, a cup of water, manual turning and rotating eggs and a heating pad. I had to put 2 hand towels on the pad then one over the eggs and water, and with lots and lots and then a bit more of checking temp and rotation, today I had success! My first baby hatched! I couldn’t be more excited. She is Buff Cochin and EE mix but so cute!View attachment 2171925View attachment 2171926
Congratulations, such a sweet baby.

:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom