My first house

Well construction is 99% done. Just need a hatch for the chickies to go in and out of the run. Lost 2 babies one died the first night and the other had a bum leg and couldn't walk. I put her down today. The good news is it was in the 50s so we took a trip to the yard to get fresh air. Lots of fun! I'll post pics tomorrow or so. My chicken count has also went up since my last post. With the two gone I mentioned, I now have 16 chick's 12 rir nhr and 4 Plymouth rocks

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/
type/61/id/5614063/width/200/height/400

As promised the pictures from Saturday.

Looks like the last one didn't post
THIS is the best part of chicken keeping! Almost every day I hand-feed Black Oil Sunflower Seed (BOSS) to my flock. Sometimes the hand-fed treat is old fashion oatmeal, which even the youngest out-of-the-brooder chicks can consume. With a flock as large as mine, I gotta sit somewhere I can stay for a while, to ensure the shyest birds get some goodies without the older, more senior ranked birds hogging everything. I hold treats in each hand, out to my sides. Sometimes the more bold gals will perch on my lap to snatch directly from the treat container. It's such a thrill when a chicken which used to pick up dropped or tossed seeds/oatmeal actually take it from my hands. I notice you've already experienced "Chicken Math" by replacing lost chicks with more than the number you lost. That's how it starts.....:lol:

Back
Top Bottom