my first "lash egg" experience

Sorry about your pretty chicken. I had a similar problem with one of mine. I had two lash (lashes, lashi, ? - ever knew what it was until now. Thanks ) pass and that was compounded by prolapsed vent. The first time I isolated her and she got better after about a week. The second time was too much for her and she did not make it.

Thanks for posting this thread. I have never heard of latch eggs before. I am sure that if I found one and did not
know what it was I would have done the same thing that you did. Very informative.

I am sorry that you lost your sweet Emma. It is always hard loosing a pet especially one that really warmed
your heart and made a deep impression. Hugs to you.
hugs.gif

She is so pretty, i am sorry you lost her. This is very educational. Thanks for sharing your deficult experience, this will help someone else.

Thank you for your followup message about what the avian vet said. My older Isa Brown just laid one of these today. She is an ex battery hen. It's not looking good for her, I think :(

So this is an interesting thread. I scooped one of these up 2 days ago, posted a photo on FB under someone elses poo photo. I was told it was a lash egg. Im pretty sure I know who laid it too. I have a black sex link "Sue" who stopped laying eggs in March. She sits on the nest every day trying to lay with no luck. All my girls turned 1 in April. Sue was the first out of my mixed flock to lay.

She acts completely normal otherwise. Are you saying they could have Merriks? What should I do?
Thanks Kristen

Back
Top Bottom