My first lot of peeps are due

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MRBIG, May 7, 2007.

1. MRBIG

MRBIG Out Of The Brooder

Well i am very excited my ''Henny'' or it could be ''Penny'' [​IMG] i cant tell unless they are standing together cause one is bigger than the other has been sitting on 4 eggs for the last 19 days, [​IMG] she was the one who went broody on me and no matter what i did she wasn't going to budge untill she got some satisfaction, so i got some fertile eggs from a friend well i hope they are fertile [​IMG] YES i know what your thinking i should have candle them, but i didn't !!! [​IMG] so heres hoping..... My son keeps asking me "Is she going to have babies today" its so cool they are all different.
    As for all the others they are starting to get there new feathers. [​IMG]

"So watch this space"........I can't wait [​IMG][​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh how exciteing!!! I cant waite to see the new babies! Good luck.!

3. nat2009

nat2009 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2007
    Mine are supposed to hatch any day now also!

4. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    How exciting. Watching a chick hatch from an incubator is interesting but see one hatch and the hen interacting with the newborn is priceless. Freebies Buff Orpington hatched her first egg sat and it was very touching. Not all eggs will hatch. Buffy sat on 3 eggs and only one hatched. It was a foster egg but in every sense of the word this is her baby. I wish you luck and the waiting is a killer isn't it?

5. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Good luck with your babies. I hope some hatch for you. I also have a broody on 6 eggs. 21 days yesterday. I got fertile? eggs from someone else also. This morning I have one pipping. YEA!!!! Can't wait. The suspence is killing me. Don't give up. I have read about day 23 day chicks hatching. It is also fun not knowing what you are gonna get untill they hatch. Can't wait to see mine all fluffed out if all goes well. Again good luck. Let us know.

6. MRBIG

MRBIG Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG] Oh this has been a day to smile [​IMG] all four of my babies have hatched [​IMG] 1 Branevelder 1 Black Minorca 1 Ameraucana 1 Brown Shaver and proud is my RIR ...i'm thinking that she may have thought this day would never come [​IMG] OOOOOH they are so cute if i could work out how to put pictures on i would show them off [​IMG] ..... So 4 out of 4 aint bad [​IMG]

7. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    How great is that, 100% hatch rate. Congrats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by