My first meat birds

If you have some heavy duty string (or even tie wire), some place to hang, a knife, a big stock pot and a clean surface then you’re good to go.
Your first go will take a while, but once you do a few you get faster. Have some faith in yourself 🙂
My husband bought a fancy plucker and I personally don’t like it, I pluck by hand. I do hogs too - he bought a pneumatic skinner from someone and although it’s neat I still prefer a knife. You don’t need anything fancy even though my husband seems to think so or he just likes spending money 😉

If you have some heavy duty string (or even tie wire), some place to hang, a knife, a big stock pot and a clean surface then you’re good to go.
Your first go will take a while, but once you do a few you get faster. Have some faith in yourself 🙂
My husband bought a fancy plucker and I personally don’t like it, I pluck by hand. I do hogs too - he bought a pneumatic skinner from someone and although it’s neat I still prefer a knife. You don’t need anything fancy even though my husband seems to think so or he just likes spending money 😉
This is the method we have always used.

Back
Top Bottom