My first needlepoint project

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by mylittlechickpea, Feb 2, 2011.

1. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I bought my first needlepoint project this last week. I'm pretty excited to get started on it. Hubs and I went to California this last week to go visit his grandma, and we took a day trip to Solvang. It's a neat little danish town in podunk California. I bought a rooster needlepoint and will get a pic up of the kit when I have a moment. It looks super cute, and very colorful.

I'd never heard of Solvang before last week, but I encourage each and every one of you to look it up, and if you ever get the opportunity, GO! It was super neat. I wish we had more time to walk around, but we got there in the afternoon and the place shuts down around 5. Literally. 5 pm and the town goes dark.. Good food though, and good beer. And lots of neat shops to poke your head around.

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    My DH has told me about Solvang. He was there working. Maybe someday I will get to see some of the places he has. Solvang sounds like a town I would love to explore.

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    We have lots of cute little towns to explore.

Wait till spring and it's great here.

Everyone is invited.

4. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    It was so awesome. I wish it stayed open later, or we had gone earlier... We almost took a drive up to Pismo Beach, also, but decided against that one in favor of fish 'n chips [​IMG] Is Modesto NorCal?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by