My first Pafowl hatch experience! Looking for guidance!

idunno.gif

That's a good point too. I've already put this into consideration and I decided we will never know without trying! Right negative 2 pfowl.

new 2 pfowl is very correct it is early especially if they are India Blues as they tend to be lazier and start later. new 2 pfowl is also a very trusted source on this forum and has probably forgot more than I know about peas and I guarantee that you will learn a bunch on this forum from many members from other countries even some that I didnt think peas could survive in, having said that, I didnt even think about it being still cold up north we have been warm since late January and my birds havent started yet, going through the motion but nothing yet but, you never know until you try and it will be fun especially if there are kids involved. You should know something definite after 7 days as you candle them, no need to buy those expensive gadgets for candeling: dark room and an iphone light works great and this forum even better. Please keep us posted as we are interested too.
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
new 2 pfowl is very correct it is early especially if they are India Blues as they tend to be lazier and start later. new 2 pfowl is also a very trusted source on this forum and has probably forgot more than I know about peas and I guarantee that you will learn a bunch on this forum from many members from other countries even some that I didnt think peas could survive in, having said that, I didnt even think about it being still cold up north we have been warm since late January and my birds havent started yet, going through the motion but nothing yet but, you never know until you try and it will be fun especially if there are kids involved. You should know something definite after 7 days as you candle them, no need to buy those expensive gadgets for candeling: dark room and an iphone light works great and this forum even better. Please keep us posted as we are interested too.
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

You're in Texas. Today we were in the 60s, spring is here in Idaho. My IB male is trying hard but my hen is saying no.

Hand delivered

Great, the reason I asked is there are eggs being sold online and from what I have observed in the past is, its a hit or miss deal, not so much the fertility or the sellers fault but more towards shipping and handling. After so much shaking the "strings" as we call em, or the white curly things you see on the yolk after broken come loose and the yolk is no longer suspended within the shell. The eggs can and will start to develop if fertile but, will not make it in the end. FYI for the future.

Gerald Barker

Great, the reason I asked is there are eggs being sold online and from what I have observed in the past is, its a hit or miss deal, not so much the fertility or the sellers fault but more towards shipping and handling. After so much shaking the "strings" as we call em, or the white curly things you see on the yolk after broken come loose and the yolk is no longer suspended within the shell. The eggs can and will start to develop if fertile but, will not make it in the end. FYI for the future.

Gerald Barker

The white strings are also called Chalazas.

Back
Top Bottom