1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My first Serama egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JudyMcKinn, Apr 18, 2009.

1. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    I have hatched 6 Seramas, the day after Christmas. 2 little roos and 4 little pullets. Yesterday, I got the first egg!! They lack 8 days being 4 months old!! I had no idea they started laying so young. The little roos have had red comb and wattles for a month, and THEY were quite confident that they were mature, [​IMG] and the last week or so the pullets have started the red combs and wattles, but I never dreamed I would get eggs this soon. I am so pleased and excited. Here is my first Serama egg.

[​IMG]

2. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

How egg-citing! Congratulations! I hope you post pictures of your chickens, too!

3. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Catray44, I posted my new Serama coop in the coops section. You can see some of the Seramas there. Take a look when you have time.

4. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Awesome!

5. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Oh my goodness! I would love to see a chick hatch out of something that tiny!

6. How exciting and at only 4 months , thats totally kool ! I had no idea their eggs were that small .

Congrats ! [​IMG]

7. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Oh that's so exciting! Congratulations [​IMG]
    I have a little trio of seramas, and I can't wait for my first egg!

8. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's so cute! Congratz! *jealous* [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by