My first shipped egg incubation was a fail

Eggs got here yesterday! I eliminated 2 with moving aircells. Unsure if the rest have been frozen in transit, but hopefully I’ll get something out of these, lol.

Adding 18 of my own eggs too. I may have collected 2 of them too late, and they may be too frozen to be viable, but I’m tossing them in anyway, because, hey you never know.

Crockpot is almost ready, waiting for temps to stabilize :D
Hi :frow @yakitori have you done a new thread?

cvb.PNG

This red chick "Quazzy" was a splay. I didn't treat the splay though. The other chicks his age at the time, were more active and he could not keep up. so I kept him separate for a while, at 2 weeks old, I got him younger than him chicks. He didn't have to compete with them, and would lay on his tummy to be as tall as they were. Soon he fixed himself. I hope your baby can do the same.

My bad! I was trying to post in another thread 😭 I deleted the post but you responded too quickly, lol!
🤣 well I’m glad I seen it..or I wouldn’t have known you had your crockpot out and ready again! Looking forward to the next chapter 👍

🤣 well I’m glad I seen it..or I wouldn’t have known you had your crockpot out and ready again! Looking forward to the next chapter 👍
It’s in the quail hatchalong thread, but I probably won’t be updating too often. Still waiting on those goose eggs for the next real chapter...

It’s no problem,good to hear some positivity :)

I was pretty bummed last night but going to pick up a Silkie x girl and her 3/4 Silkie x chicks to hopefully put my Solo chick with once got the splay leg sorted so he’s not alone.
ooh, is this a broody momma? You might need to try sneaking the lone chick in asap at night so she accepts it. Try not to wait too long...

Back
Top Bottom