My first time and i am so, so excited!!!

SilverStar

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2009
california
This it my first time at hatching. Yipeee!
woot.gif

I am very very nervous though. I just put the eggs in the incubator yesterday. They are so small and cute. They are Japanese bantams and Cochin Bantams. The hatch date is June 28th. Anyone els hatching? I had some major incubator temp problems in the begining. Thankfully no egggs were in then. I could not have pulled myself together and obtained the confidence to continue with out the help of my Wonderful fellow BYC'ers. You have been so awsome with your help, wisdom, and words of encouragement. I feel like i got a handle on this incubator now and i am ready to go for it! come on june 28th, come on June 28th!!!! Thanks to you all!!!!
ya.gif

I'm right there with you! This is my first incubator hatch. The hatch date was supposed to be this coming Wednesday...but they started pipping this morning.

I am like you, I just listened to what all these great people had to share, and here I am...HATCHING!!

One thing I read somewhere on here that made sense: Watch for a temp spike midway through incubation. The chicks start making their own heat, and it raises the temps a little. I watched for it, and I saw it happening, and was able to adjust the temp down a little to keep it in check right away.

Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

Mrs. Glassman :

I'm right there with you! This is my first incubator hatch. The hatch date was supposed to be this coming Wednesday...but they started pipping this morning.

I am like you, I just listened to what all these great people had to share, and here I am...HATCHING!!

One thing I read somewhere on here that made sense: Watch for a temp spike midway through incubation. The chicks start making their own heat, and it raises the temps a little. I watched for it, and I saw it happening, and was able to adjust the temp down a little to keep it in check right away.

Good luck!
thumbsup.gif

That is a great Tip. Thansk so much, i have not heard about that yet. Thanks!!​

Back
Top Bottom