My first time candling...

Mom2Munchkins

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
Upstate NY
I set my eggs last Sunday, so I guess I'm on day 7. I just couldn't resist... While I was turning my eggs, I quickly candled 5 eggs (there are 35 in there), just for a quick look to see if I saw anything. In one I saw nothing, but like I say, it was only about 5 seconds each, I didn't want to keep them out of the incubator long. In one I saw nice veins, and in the other 3 I saw a dark spot in a floating little mass. Is this the eye? I have read up as much as I can on here and I have learned so much, but still have tons of questions.
smile.png

Any input is appreciated!!!!
frow.gif

I know most like to candle every so often. I don't, I candle when I put the eggs in the bator to see if any of the eggs have cracks. The next time I candle is on day 18 when I take the turner out. I will candle in between ONLY if I smell a bad egg. Even when turning by hand I advise against candling. I just trust my roo to do his job and my bator to do it's job. Then I have been putting eggs in a bator for over 50 years, so you can see why I pass on candling. If the egg is fertile going in the bator it will hatch. If not it won't. If an egg goes bad you will smell it. Trust your nose and not your eyes.

Back
Top Bottom