My First White Chickens :)

jeepchick

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Loudon, New Hampshire
I have many colors in my chicken yard and I now have my first white chickens (besides the silkies) and they are quickly becoming favorites! I have a White EE and a White Leghorn ( I think ) that were included in an assorted pullet special from Ideal and I just HAVE to keep them. :)

Such a Diva

Are both chickens in the pictures. If so, I don't think that you have a White Leghorn because of the leg color and the size of the comb. I would guess, and I use that term loosely, that both are White Easter Eggers.

Last edited:
Are both chickens in the pictures. If so, I don't think that you have a White Leghorn because of the leg color and the size of the comb. I would guess, and I use that term loosely, that both are White Easter Eggers.

I thought the same thing with the legs but only one has the face muffs.....guess thats the breaks with hatchery "EEs" lol But thats ok I still like em :)

I've gotten myself some white chickens. I have 2 10 month old white Cochins and 2 3 week old white Leghorns. One of my Cochins (Mable, in my avatar) is my favorite pullet. She loves to chat with me and help me out around the yard. And my Leghorn babies both like to fly out of the brooder and take a nap in my lap! One thing that does bother me, my roo has started mounting my Cochin girls, so they're backs are always dirty :rolleyes: but I guess a quick bath and blowdry will fix that.

Pretty!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom