my flock of three. . .any thoughts?

Agreed. Sorry ccccchickens. I was pulling pictures and it's the leghorn, not the americauna, I was think of. I knew I had a white americauna out there, I forgot about the leghorn! Oops~ I think I may need to do a head count. Anyway here they are about that age:
Blue legs=blue eggs!
Does your ameraucana have a pea comb?Also is she completley white?(i am asking because i see some other coloring at the top of her wing)

about 6 weeks

could it be an EE though? some sort of cross?
The white one is not an EE or ameraucana.I think it is a leghorn, it could be a white rock too.

Does your ameraucana have a pea comb?Also is she completley white?(i am asking because i see some other coloring at the top of her wing)

The white one is not an EE or ameraucana.I think it is a leghorn, it could be a white rock too.
yes, and now that she is older she has muffs, too. She is not completely white like the rock is, she is slightly more cream, but no where near buff. She has a few odd spots in a feather or two, but my other americaunas are more typically colored. I will go out tomorrow and get more recent pictures of the both of them.

yes, and now that she is older she has muffs, too. She is not completely white like the rock is, she is slightly more cream, but no where near buff. She has a few odd spots in a feather or two, but my other americaunas are more typically colored. I will go out tomorrow and get more recent pictures of the both of them.
they might actually be easter eggers, ecspecially if she is not completley white.

here is a pic of a pure white ameraucana from the breeders website ****this picture is not mine****
lfwhitef.jpg

Yeah, mine had yellow legs and is all white. All yellow as a chick although some of its hatch mates were yellow with little black dots here and there. White rock makes some sense, as there was Plymouth rick in the flock the eggs came from. So interesting!

Last edited:
All of my chickens came from the same hatchery. They were labeled as americaunas but I guess that doesn't mean much anymore. She had one feather that was dark, but I don't even know if she still has it or not. They have all changed color somewhat over the past few months and will continue to do so as they mature. I'm about to go out there with a flashlight right now and check though. Would do if it wasn't 1 in the morning!

All of my chickens came from the same hatchery. They were labeled as americaunas but I guess that doesn't mean much anymore. She had one feather that was dark, but I don't even know if she still has it or not. They have all changed color somewhat over the past few months and will continue to do so as they mature. I'm about to go out there with a flashlight right now and check though. Would do if it wasn't 1 in the morning!
If they are came froma hatchery they are most likley EEs.There are only two hatcherys i know of that have purebred ameraucanas and they charge outragous prices.Meyer hatchery had blue ameraucanas and for one sexed pullet is $20 and since it is froma hatchery it is not going to be as good as qulitiy as if you were to get it from a breeder.You could get 2 or 3 for the prices of that (it drives me crazy lol). Ya I am a curious person but I dont think I would go out at one in the morning lol.

If they are came froma hatchery they are most likley EEs.There are only two hatcherys i know of that have purebred ameraucanas and they charge outragous prices.Meyer hatchery had blue ameraucanas and for one sexed pullet is $20 and since it is froma hatchery it is not going to be as good as qulitiy as if you were to get it from a breeder.You could get 2 or 3 for the prices of that (it drives me crazy lol). Ya I am a curious person but I dont think I would go out at one in the morning lol.
Some day we will get them from a breeder, but honestly I don't care now. We aren't breeding any of them, I'm just happy they are laying eggs in our backyard. I have heard that it's getting harder and harder to find purebred Americaunas. Ours are from a local guy with a chicken specific feed store and he gets them in from Texas, the same place everybody around here gets them from. If I were to breed, it would matter, but as it is I'm hiding illegal chickens in my backyard so I'm not gonna push it with a rooster.
big_smile.png

Some day we will get them from a breeder, but honestly I don't care now. We aren't breeding any of them, I'm just happy they are laying eggs in our backyard. I have heard that it's getting harder and harder to find purebred Americaunas. Ours are from a local guy with a chicken specific feed store and he gets them in from Texas, the same place everybody around here gets them from. If I were to breed, it would matter, but as it is I'm hiding illegal chickens in my backyard so I'm not gonna push it with a rooster.
big_smile.png
I had no problem finding purebreds(i have some due to hatch today and some that i am going to set friday).Does your town not allow chickens?If they don't that stinks.Chickens are so fun to have.

Back
Top Bottom