my flock of three. . .any thoughts?

The ones I bought were purebred or so I was told. I have found a number of threads that mention hatcherys often advertise selling americaunas that are really EE's. Either way I can't really complain, they're super healthy and beautiful. Some day when we have more property breeding is in the cards, but now I'm satisfied with my mutts.

My city just legalized backyard chickens a few months ago but we have been hiding them for a while. Even now the laws are pretty restrictive, but better than not at all I guess!

The ones I bought were purebred or so I was told. I have found a number of threads that mention hatcherys often advertise selling americaunas that are really EE's. Either way I can't really complain, they're super healthy and beautiful. Some day when we have more property breeding is in the cards, but now I'm satisfied with my mutts.

My city just legalized backyard chickens a few months ago but we have been hiding them for a while. Even now the laws are pretty restrictive, but better than not at all I guess!
very true

Soooooo UPDATE! I went out to get you more recent pictures of my "girls" today and as it turns out, one of my barred rocks is a BOY!
ep.gif
I don't know how it took me this long to notice, he is clearly very different from the others. The picture I posted was one of the girls, but this one looked more like the one in your picture at that age. SORRY! My chicks are supposed to be sexed, so it wasn't a pleasant surprise, now I have to find a home for a roo. I noticed him making some odd noises the other night, but I've heard that the dominant female will "crow" if there is no male present. And to think I thought it was the cutest thing I'd ever heard. BOO!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom