My flock past and present.

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
I have only had chickens for 4 years.
I thought I would share them with you all

All my chickens/roos I either hatched myself or raised them from a day or 2 old, they all started their first 2 months at least with me inside, in my work office (I work from home) they get a lot of human contact.

Sally my very first chicken ever, and is still the queen of the coop, I have 4 of her babies in the incubator right now, these will be her very first offspring, she has never been interested in sitting on eggs, but she is great at laying the
She is a NH Red, and very very docile with humans, but puts the rest of the flock in their place if need be.
sally3.jpg

My Luna, I lost her to a raccoon last fall, she is a Bantam cochin, and was just sweet, her and sally used to come running when they heard me pulling into the driveway/
She was super broody, spend most of the summer one time trying to hatch eggs. She was good at letting me check on the eggs and her.
mamluna.jpg

welcomehome.jpg

And this was Summer then I found out he was Male and he ended up being called jerk face, and by the pick you can see why, once he hit puberty he tried to attack me every second I was in his sight. (he got rehomed)
He is a Duccle roo. I did get a couple of babies from him and Luna though, that I incubated.

evilroo2.jpg

roo2.jpg

This little cuties are the offspring of Jerk face and Luna. They were such momma's girls, (me, I hatched them) I actually taught them no, and i will show you a pic of what I mean)
This is Camilla and Pandora, I lost them to the raccoon last fall
babies11.jpg

they were taught not to walk on my keyboard while I was working, so this is what they did. (pretty such one was a roo)
pose.jpg

Izzy, my first polish I ever owned, as with most polish breeds she was amusing to watch and was so sweet.
she was the first I lost to the raccoon
hmm I just noticed, what are the odds I am wearing the same shirt in two different pics lol
breed2.jpg
izzy3.jpg

izzy69.jpg

Hazel who was Izzy's buddy, I got them at the same time, she is a Maran another loss from the raccoon
Hazel2.jpg

My sweet ducks, Zeke, Louie, Gabby and Pippa.
Friendly sweet guys and gals, but I ended up with 2 males and they kept fighting, I rehomed them all :( to a nice big farm.
zekelook2.jpg

This little beauty is my mama's girl Josie, a Light Brahma I hatch myself and she was the only one that hatched, and boy did she become attached to me. If i walked downstairs to get a drink she would stand at the top of the stand at the top of the stairs and yell for me, she would follow me to the bathroom. I was devastated when I lost her to the raccoon less than a month after I finally put her outside.
josiehalfday.jpg

sleepyjosie.jpg

that is the first half.

The second half
These are 5 bantams I hatched with eggs I ordered from Meyers, I ordered 6, hatched 5
I have an EE, Rose, Mottled cochin Grover(he was a roo), Bob, Mille fleur duccle, (roo), Jinx, Buff Brahma bantam, (roo), and a Mille Fleur Pullet
Josie was about a month older than them and still in the house with me, and boy did they love her, she was fluffy and they thought of her as their mom, they would always huddle under her feathers.

I lost all but Jinx and Bob to the Raccoon. Jinx ended up with the eye injury
I have the pics when they are bigger backed up on disks, so I don't have them here.
babies.jpg

Bobresize2.jpg
jinx2resize.jpg

Daisy, (I think was actually a boy) who died unexpectedly at 4 days old, He might of had health issues, he always seemed to be "panting"
Daisy5.jpg

Daphne, Polish, Floyd, polish frizzle, Daisy polish frizzle, and Mozart a silkie.

20190407_105441.jpg

20190426_131853.jpg

Daphne and Mozart enjoying the fan blowing on them on a warm day
and Mazie peeking at them.
fan.jpg

Floyd
floydthemodel.jpg

Mazie, my golden laced Wyndotte,
mazie.jpg

prettymazie.jpg

My handsome man Zeus
20190501_143635.jpg

zeus7.jpg

Norman my barred rock, I had to put him to sleep at 4 months old, he has very bad arthritis and painful joints in his legs :(
norman.jpg

norman4.jpg

Picasso and Rembrandt who I ordered from Meyers.
Sweet little fluff balls they are, Picasso the splash had an on going dominance thing with Mazie my wyndotte

lucypicasso.jpg

And last but not least
Lizzie B my Barred rock and Gracie my dark Brahma.
lizzybgracie.jpg

And that is my flock. and I adore them all!!

Please share your pics :)

Thanks for sharing your pictures! Sorry about the losses...have things been reinforced so they are safer now? It would be a shame to lose more.
ooo yeah, I lost the flock over a few days, every time I thought I found where it was getting it, I was wrong, I finally found a small hole in the eve of the shed/coop.
Plus I trapped the raccoon in a have a heart trap.
I reinforced and double reinforced every inch of that coop

I haven't had a problem since

ooo yeah, I lost the flock over a few days, every time I thought I found where it was getting it, I was wrong, I finally found a small hole in the eve of the shed/coop.
Plus I trapped the raccoon in a have a heart trap.
I reinforced and double reinforced every inch of that coop

I haven't had a problem since

Glad to hear things are going better!

Back
Top Bottom