My Florida chicken pen (edited & PIC heavy)

loving the feeder....i am going to steal your idea in the future...the setup i got now is working (so why fix it...lol)

but next year when the chixn bug bites again...i am gonna need a bigger feeder...lol

thnx for sharing (and yep, your DD gotcha on that one...lol)

Wonderful! I am working on the design of my new coop, to replace the one that is now starting to crumble. I'll use some of your design features, for sure! What are the dimensions of your coop, by the way?

Nice coop!
thumbsup.gif

If you don't mind me asking, how do you clean your sand run...how often, etc.? We live in Central Florida- new chicken owners (no eggs yet), with new coop/ sand run.

sorry Banker, if you don't mind, I'll let you know how I clean mine too
hide.gif

I got a 10 x 12 pen and is abour 8" deep and what I do is run the rake and make a big pile of poop then i have a piece of 1/4" wire about 12" x 12" and I go and screen all the poop and put it in a bucket, just like if you were looking for gold
lol.png

it's fast too 10min to rake and screen the pen , tha't how I do mine.

Wow, very nice design. I am also in FL I have a very rudimentary open air coop right now for a hen and rooster I have. But I just got 6 more baby pullets
smile.png
and need to make a new coop to house all the ladies.
I had a question about your egg collection, or more so the placement of the nests. Where are they?
Are the little doors in the back egg access doors?
doesn't that place the nests right underneath the roost?

Back
Top Bottom