My frizzle is going bald!!??

krebolo125

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Hello,

My little Cochin Frizzle named Blackberry is going bald on her back and under her wings. It does not look like a molt and feathers are not coming back in?? She is 7 months old and the only bantam in a flock of 7 other hens and a rooster plus 5 ducks. Nobody seems to bother with her and she does her own thing. She seems healthy, eating/drinking fine and active plus egg laying normal. No visible lice or mites and the rest of the flock is fine. Is she a nervous feather picker? I feel so bad for her and would like to try to help her get her feathers back.

Any suggestions??

Thank you!!!

Any suggestions??

Agreed. Use blue kote on her or I bought an apron for my girls so that they would have a chance to heal. If you do not want to buy an apron you can cut a piece of fabric the length of her neck to rump and a width wide enough to go past her wings plus 1 or 2 inches. Then you can cut wing slots in it and put it over her. This will stop the feather picking and it will keep her warm. I have a hen just like yours. Mine's name is driveshaft. I love her!!!

Ok, thank you! I will ask my mom to knit her a sweater and I will get an apron as well and see how she does!

Back
Top Bottom