My Fuzzies are Feathering! Piccies!!!!

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
My bantam assortment chicks are getting lots of feathers in. They're going to be 3 weeks tomorrow. Thought I'd share pictures of them. Oh, by the way, I went a bit overboard with pictues.
big_smile.png

There's a few I think I might know what they are and a few I'm totally lost on. What do you think they are?

Here are the ones I think are Ameraucanas...
Ameraucanas_9-15-082.jpg

The little one, the reddish one and the nearly black ones I'm not sure about.

Now these have me really puzzled. One chick is definitely blue-laced-red but the other three look white-laced so do you think they're Cornish?
BLR_or_WLR_9-15-081.jpg

BLR_Wyandotte_or_Cornish_9-15-081.jpg

We have 3 shorter legged white chicks so I think they're Japanese and the 4th is longer legged so an OEGB?
Japanese_White_9-15-081.jpg

These two I am not sure about? The black/white one seems shorter legged but my chicks came from Ideal and the only black/white Japanese they have are mottled. Do they normally feather in with so much white? The self blue chick I have no idea...
Unknowns_9-15-081.jpg

We have 2 very upright black chicks which have to be Moderns right? And a normal looking black chick that I'm assuming is an OEGB?
Modern_Blacks_and_unknown.jpg

And two Gold Sebrights...
Sebrights_Gold_9-15-081.jpg

Now the feather foots...
3 White Cochin Frizzles, no denying them.
Frizzle_Cochins_White_9-15-082.jpg

I think we have 2 White Cochins and 2 White D'Uccles...
Cochins_White_9-15-081.jpg

Duccles_White_9-15-081.jpg

2 Buff Cochins...
Cochins_Buff_9-15-082.jpg

I'm guessing Mille Fleur D'Uccles?
Duccles_Mille_Fleur_9-15-083.jpg

And this chick is fuzzy cheeked like the D'Uccles but its feathering is coming in with some goldish on white so a Gold-Necked?
Duccle_Golden_Neck_9-15-081.jpg

That's my guesses. Here are my almost 4 week old Cochins...
There are 10 Birchen (which if I'm going by combs looks like mostly hens, but we'll have to see.)
Cochins_Birchen_9-15-082.jpg

And 10 Blue, mostly blue and a splash I think. Most of those look like roos already!
Cochins_Blue_9-15-083.jpg

Cochins_Blue_9-15-086.jpg

I absolutely love the Cochins personalities. They're so sweet!

Its so hard not to want to mess with them. Some really believe I'm "messing" with them and others think its play time. I really like the playful ones. They're so curious and hop right out to see me. You know those won't be going anywhere.
wink.png

We ordered 10 each of the Blue Cochins and Birchen so 20 and then ordered 35 of the assortment and got 36 so 56 chicks. I'll thin out the chicks when I'm more certain what they are. There are some breeds I will keep and some I won't. Not to mention roos vs hens too.

Back
Top Bottom