My girl duck is a boy.... :(

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Frozen Feathers, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Bonkers...I asked a while ago about my Black runner and loud quacks if that meant a boy, and was told that loud quacks means a girl and quite ker-quack a boy. So I've been listening really close to them and My fawn and white runner was saying ker-quack and I was in denial until today....Daisy has curled tail feathers [​IMG] and is saying ker-quack!! So I have 2 girls and a boy...is that enough girls for one drake? I only wanted girls and now I am going to have to rename Daisy!!!! Donald?? ...I don't think so....

2. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    i know how you feel - when I got my two ducklings as an easter gift to myself I watched them grow not knowing who was who but about a month or so ago i noticed that both my ducks have the curl tail - so I ended up wtih two males - so I went and got them a girlfriend thank god this time I got a girl I still need to get another one so my boys dont have to share the same girlfriend LOL

3. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Awwww... I had the same happen to me... I thought my blue sweed was a girl (sure did wait long enough to get the drake feathers)... turned out to be a boy. Oh well.

As far as 2 girls for 1 boy, I would say that is a good match.... from what I have been told....you never want more boys than girls... because they will end up hurthing the female or the drakes killing eachother. DO NOT QUOTE me on this!!! This is only what I have been told!!!!!!! maybe more experiance duck owners out there will reply.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by