My girlfriend dumped me because of my chickens..

My husband said he knew he wanted to marry me ( we were only dating about a month at the time ) when I wanted to take a ride to the dump with him ( I just wanted to be with him ) and we seen some wild boar piglets running across the road and I egged him on to pull over so I could get out and catch one...he did....I didn't dang lil things ran through the fence...

POINT being---

You'll find that special one who understands you so don't fret...Like the others said--if she's jealous of a chicken, she'll be jealous of everything----just remember, when you do find that special someone, put her first (after God of course) above all others (including your chickens)

Good LUCK!!
big_smile.png

Thats a shame. I can't go away for long due to the animals.People complain but they understand,because unless I get a house sitter I need to come home!
Lol, I would probably worry a house sitter would not do the job well anyway.I have read some horrors on here of unfed animals and unlocked pens....and that was relatives tending the animals!

firehog,

there must be more to your story?

I can't believe all the comments on here saying to dump this person over CHICKENS?! I understand we all care about our chickens and other pets, but certainly not more than people?!?! Give me a break!!!!!!!! My husband adores our chickens, but if gets to the point where he has had enough, the chickens are GONE, not my husband.

Geez people!

Well at least you found out now....

Don't feel bad I get funny looks when I talk about my chickens...

The only people who understand are other chicken peeps.....

Now if I can just find one......... for me

Quote:
I couldn't have said it better!

You didn't say if this was a new relationship or a longer term one. If it was a first date, she might have a point. If however you have been dating for some time, she already knows you have a responsibility to care for your pets. Then her response has a different root.

I have found that we see things not as they are, but as WE are. Look at her real motives/reasons and decide if this is someone you want to invest more time in.

Closing that coop door should have been her job in the first place, not yours. Why on Earth were you buying her dinner?
If she wasn't willing to come over daily to feed and water your chickens, you didn't want her anyway.
What good's a woman who won't take care of your chickens?

Back
Top Bottom