My Girls are Blowing Through Their Feed...Picking Out Their Favorite and Leaving TONS of Feed on the Ground!

Yes...my feed is fresh...not even a month old yet. I have also ordered another trial bag of feed from H & H Feed that also makes a non-GMO, Soy & Corn Free feed and have minimally mixed it in with their regular feed to see how they respond. I just got the first batch started of fermenting their feed which should be ready by Friday....fingers crossed!

Hi! I’m just wondering if you had any luck with fermenting their feed and/or the trail size bag of H & H feed?

Last edited:
I'm a bit late to this party, but I use Scratch & Peck feed, and it is a similar mix of things. I ferment mine - so easy! When I feed it to them in the morning, instead of draining it (don't want to lose any of the powder), I mix it with a bit of organic pellet from a local mill. It took me a few days to figure out the right ratio of feed, water, and pellet, but I spend about half what I used to on feed because the fermenting process causes the volume to expand. My birds love it, and nothing gets wasted!

I'm a bit late to this party, but I use Scratch & Peck feed, and it is a similar mix of things. I ferment mine - so easy! When I feed it to them in the morning, instead of draining it (don't want to lose any of the powder), I mix it with a bit of organic pellet from a local mill. It took me a few days to figure out the right ratio of feed, water, and pellet, but I spend about half what I used to on feed because the fermenting process causes the volume to expand. My birds love it, and nothing gets wasted!

That’s great! 😊 I’m going to start fermenting the feed and see how it goes. I recently bought a bag of Scratch & Peck and I can’t wait for my girls to try it.

Back
Top Bottom