My girls in their new coop/run

MRichmond

Songster
Mar 12, 2019
Western Pennsylvania
After what seems like forever, our girls are finally in their real coop and run. It’s going to take a little while to get them used to the automatic door. It closes at 5 p.m. and they’re not used to going to bed until 5:30 or so. I’m working on getting them used to coming in by giving them a snack in the coop at a few minutes before 5. I still need to add some branches and other roosting spots, but they seem to like it pretty well so far. I like it, because I can take a chair in and sit with them.

Attachments

• C5EDFAB7-0C3E-41F8-B8FB-61F6A264C185.jpeg
    C5EDFAB7-0C3E-41F8-B8FB-61F6A264C185.jpeg
    828.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DB38AA12-32F6-4881-AAC3-55089299AE01.jpeg
    DB38AA12-32F6-4881-AAC3-55089299AE01.jpeg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 32
After what seems like forever, our girls are finally in their real coop and run. It’s going to take a little while to get them used to the automatic door. It closes at 5 p.m. and they’re not used to going to bed until 5:30 or so. I’m working on getting them used to coming in by giving them a snack in the coop at a few minutes before 5. I still need to add some branches and other roosting spots, but they seem to like it pretty well so far. I like it, because I can take a chair in and sit with them.
Do you have an automatic door on a timer?

Lovely coop and run! We have our auto doors close about 10-15 min after official sunset, to allow any stragglers was to get inside...

Looks good!
Your water cups will freeze, if they haven't already. You might want to look into a different waterer for winter. I use horizontal nipples in a 5 gal bucket, with a stock tank deicer.
Yes, it’s been in the teens here a couple of nights, but I ordered a heated waterer that should be here in a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom