My goat has a wart

TheHappyHen21

Chirping
Sep 14, 2015
Russell, Ny
My altered male goat has a single wart on his face, not on his nose but before his nose on his face. I looked up warts and it don't look like the ones online. Any home remedies I can use?

A picture would help. Cattle occasionally get warts but I don't know if they affect goats or not. Warts in cattle are caused by a virus. They look unsightly but they slough off after a period of time.

G

It doesn't look like the warts cattle get What does it feel like? Is it a flat area? One thing you can try that can't possibly hurt is to spray the area with BluKote. If it is due to a fungus, the BluKote will take care of it. At any rate, with BluKote the worst that can happen is nothing. If it is due to a fungus, it should be gone in a week or two at the most.If it is still there and getting bigger you will have to try something else. But try the BluKote first.

It doesn't look like the warts cattle get What does it feel like? Is it a flat area? One thing you can try that can't possibly hurt is to spray the area with BluKote. If it is due to a fungus, the BluKote will take care of it. At any rate, with BluKote the worst that can happen is nothing. If it is due to a fungus, it should be gone in a week or two at the most.If it is still there and getting bigger you will have to try something else. But try the BluKote first.

will redkote work? I have that, its raised, and bumpy feeling.

No. It won't hurt though. Redkote is fine for wounds and to promote healing. Blukote is a fungicide, among other things.I suggested blukote because there is a possibility that the lesion you pictured is caused by a fungus. If it is, the blukote will take care of it but the redkote won't. I am making the assumption that the lesion is the result of a fungus. It may not be. I would use the blukote and see what happens. If it doesn't you will have to try something else. The blukote is a good first step. Do you have strong iodine on hand? That is a fungicide also.

No. It won't hurt though. Redkote is fine for wounds and to promote healing. Blukote is a fungicide, among other things.I suggested blukote because there is a possibility that the lesion you pictured is caused by a fungus. If it is, the blukote will take care of it but the redkote won't. I am making the assumption that the lesion is the result of a fungus. It may not be. I would use the blukote and see what happens. If it doesn't you will have to try something else. The blukote is a good first step. Do you have strong iodine on hand? That is a fungicide also.
no I don't but I deff will be getting Blukote asap!

Back
Top Bottom