My goat is PREGNANT

Quote:
Beg to differ
smile.png
. All of my kids are dam raised, and all are pocket pets. You can't do ANYTHING in the nursery pen without babies underfoot...and don't sit down! They're in your lap, climbing your back and eating your hair.

As far as feed amounts, generally my does get 2 cups a day in two meals (Nigis and Pygmies). In the last month of gestation, they move to the nursery pen with free choice alfalfa pellets and, as I said before, up to 4 cups of grain.

Thanks helmstead for the information. I am considering bottle feeding but it may come to where I can't. I am giving her 1 scoop, about 1 1/2 to 2 cups, of grain now and also some hay since she isn't in the pasture. I hope this will do until I can get some alfalfa pellets.

Question here too. I have two girls that I think are due anyday now. I moved them from the pen with the billy because they were showing signs. Both are swollen in the rear area. The boer even had discharge and what I believe to be contractions but then just stopped (several days ago). Now her swelling is going down some and still no baby. HELP! This is first time mommies and I'm a first time owner of goats so the blind is leading the blind here.

Not that I saw, just a stringy clear "stuff". Not alot of it either just enough for me to notice when I was watching her real close for that couple of days. This all started about Wednesday of last week, discharge on Thursday, and nothing since.

Back
Top Bottom