My Goats Hate Me...

Thank you all! I fed tonight and was able to get my hands on both of them. I'm starting to be able to "read" them and food is a BIG motivator.

They were much less jumpy. One will always be known as Ahole McDerp, the other Espresso.

Look at the job they did in less than 4 days! Also pics of their current job site!

Attachments

• 20171008_082553.jpg
    20171008_082553.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20171012_175538.jpg
    20171012_175538.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20171012_180013.jpg
    20171012_180013.jpg
    777.6 KB · Views: 15
They look great! The plan is to put them in freezer eventually, is that right? Very cute little goats and look to be in very good shape. If they were mine I'd probably trim their feet, but... if they are still really twitchy, just leave them alone for now and keep feeding them by hand etc. You don't want to scare them. And if they are going in to the freezer anyway, their feet are no big concern because they are not bad at all, just could use a little attention. But definitely won't hurt them to stay that way for a while.

Finally got pics! Espresso is the one closest to me and McDerp is the one that looks like he is ready to bolt. View attachment 1160922
I didn't know they were still babies. You should be able to take them down. I just don't know how you could butcher such adorable kids. I will swap my wild ones for your cute ones.

Thank you guys! I can't take the credit for their condition as I just received them last Sunday. Also found out that anything a cat can get out of, the goats can too. Severe learning curve and lots of pallets being used to patch holes.

Espresso may stay but McDerp is definitely going to be gone. I don't think I'll ever trust him and he does not have the personality I would want in a goat should he "escape".

I've been handling them quite a bit as they eat and am able to pick up their feet to examine, touch heads, teeth and "pinch" their flanks and neck in the event of me needing to give a shot of some sort.

They're still not huge fans of being around me with the exception of Espresso who will come up to me without feed (still won't allow me to pet him without the feed) but I think it's going MUCH better than it was.

While the end goal is to have a cleaned up area as well as some meat for the freezer, I do want to practice good husbandry and give them the best lives possible. I appreciate you guys not condemning me for the plans I have for them.

Back
Top Bottom