My Guinea keets!

Haviris

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
Thought I'd show off a pic of my guineas, they are nearly 2 weeks old (between Wed and Fri)! There are 14, these are the first guineas I've hatched and I think it went really well! Even though they came earlier then expected!
005-1.jpg

Last edited:
They are the sweetest things when they're that little. Doesn't take long at all for them to leave that behind and become lunatics.

I notice that you're using an upside down cat litter pan lid. That won't last long, they'll be out of there by the end of the day.

No it's a large dog crate, taken apart and I have chicks in the top and these in the bottom. There is also a baby gate accross the top to keep them from going out the top.

They are cute now! I've actually sold 8 of them and picked 5 to keep, but I have one that has some leg issues, if it makes it I guess that will give me 6. As cute as they are I am ready to send the 8 to their new home.

Although today I agreed to get and hatch some more for a friend, so I get to look forward to more new babies! This is addictive!

sooo pretty. We love guineas here. love the lighter colored ones...what color are they? Where are you located? I use to keep a baby gate over the top of my brooder box and it worked fine.

I'm in Arkansas. They came from a very colorful flock so I'm not sure yet what colors they will be! There are 4 that are solid silver colored, and then 3 that are silver and white and their head markings are different then the solid silvers, then 5 brown w/ white underneath, and 1 solid brown. I picked one of each color to keep, the solid brown (he's the one in the bottom of the pic, looking with the stripy face), one solid silver, one brown w/ white, and two silver with white, one with more white then the other, and lastly the one with the messed up legs is silver and white.

So I'm very eager to see what colors they turn out to be! I'm new to guineas, I had a co worker who'd been wanting some, so I got some eggs and desided I'd also keep some for myself, so he's getting the other 8. Then I had a friend come over the other day wanting some, if I'd known I might have let her take a few, but I offered to hatch some more eggs, I thought I was done, but apparently not! Next year hopefully I will be able to get eggs from my very own flock!

So I guess I'm rambling! There are just not really all that many people who want to hear about them!

Actually there is quite a few of us that like to hear about them. There are those who have heard all of the worst stories about keeping them, there's us who have had them for a bit and are always interested in new things.

Here is a link to a great guinea group, many of the folks are on the old BYC: http://www.guineas.com/

Oh my gosh, they are absolutely adorable! thanks for sharing. I"ve got guinea eggs in the bator right now that i'm hoping with hatch, or atleast some of them. Can your guineas fly yet, do they make alot of noise? I bet they are really fun to have.

Who did you get your eggs from, I love the color variation. I currently have 7 adults and 31 juvinales. I will sell a few of the juvies and hatch more eggs next spring. I just LOVE the birds. I think they actually rank #1, my turkeys #2, chickens #3, ducks #4 and geese #5. The guineas are the best though, they see me come out and dont make a sound but if anything else is out, sons, hubby, dogs, cats, anything else and they are a sounding off. Of my 7 adults 5 are girls and 2 are boys. One of the hens layed 2 eggs and then it got cold but they were not fertile anyway. YOu will love them!! Jenn

Back
Top Bottom