My guineas are crazy!

skya328

Songster
11 Years
Nov 10, 2008
Dallas, TX
Last night I heard quite a ruckus from inside the house. I walked out to find them all lined up along the edge of the garage roof, raising hell! I grabbed my phone and in true guinea form, got spooked. Then, off they went! Here are a couple of pictures I was able to get. The ones in the pictures are 4 months old.

IMG_6344.jpg

Don't mind the row of chicken and duck coops. I am living proof that you should build a BIG coop to begin with!
IMG_6345.jpg

Love the pictures - I have all the same stuff. My guineas do the same things I love it. I think the reason I don't have many fights is because they all have their own little group to sleep with.

Thanks! I told DH yesterday that we must have to many guineas. (18 total) I walked out of my office building yesterday for lunch and could have sworn I heard guineas. I work in the city - there were definitely NO guineas in the area...just in my head!
big_smile.png

Quote:
LOL @ 18 being too many
lau.gif
I have about 200 right now
ya.gif
th.gif
ya.gif

I hear Guineas in my head too... so much so that when I hear my cell phone ringing from in the other room it sorta sounds like a squeaky young buck-wheatin' Hen
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh my goodness, 200?!?!
ep.gif
I can't even imagine! I wonder if my aunt that lives in Penn Valley can hear them? LOL Guineas are so much fun. They're such characters. I'm sure we'll end up with more than 18. Keets are too cute and the adults are silly/crazy!

Quote:
LOL I bet she can
lol.png
I'm right down the hill from PV.
The Guinea noise doesn't bother me tho, IMO my Goats and the Donkey make more annoying noises lol.
Does your aunt need any Guineas? If so, hook her up!
big_smile.png

I really think that the guy that invented those nasty car alarms had guineas, maybe that's what you heard!! And get used to that roof thing. Mine never outgrew it.

Back
Top Bottom