My Hatch results (PICS!)

DuckyBoys

Songster
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Colorado
So I started with A LOT of eggs.

15 white runners - 4 hatched and survived

10 white calls - 3 hatched and survived (including little Forrest Gump with the gimpy leg!)

18 snowy calls - NONE - only one "deverloped" and that one stopped developing somewhere around day 25 I think.

24 standard blue black splash cochins - 4 hatched and survived.

All in all it looks pretty bad - BUT this was my very first time ever hatching anything! So I'm pretty thrilled.

So here they are:

The calls and runners (two calls are a week old - they are the bigger guys. the smallest lilttle one in the middle is the other call. the others are runners)

newducklings.jpg

The really fluffy butts! Help me out with colors - obviously I see the black one - but I don't really know the blue from the splash.

cochins1.jpg

cochins2.jpg

cochins3.jpg

Quote:
Yeah, I have them in complete control...I snapped my fingers and said Line up! And they did.
tongue.png
Even showed off their butts for us!

I must say - chickens are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier than ducks and geese.

And cleaner.

I can't believe how much cleaner....
lau.gif

Congrats!! Great Job!! Ducks are extremely messy, lol. Just wait, they get worse, lol.

The cochins appear to be 1 black, 2 blue, and possibly one splash. The coloring isnt the greatest so it is hard to tell. My splash have always started out pure white. The more I look, the more I think 1 black and 3 blue. In any case, good luck with them, they are adorable!!!

Quote:
Thanks! I was hoping for a splash - I think they are so pretty. But oh well, I'm still happy with them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom