Chirping
8 Years
Aug 9, 2011
Las Vegas
This is my "hatcher"
103084_img_1218.jpg

I have had it up and running for a week now
103084_img_1219.jpg

and it has been steady at 100' and 70% humidity.

Max

This is my first try at hatching anything. My wife has an exotic bird store and someone gave her a couple incubators, a r-com mini that I put 3 barnyard mutt eggs in three weeks ago. At the 1 week mark only one was good so I put 2 more mutts in. Last week I dug the other incubator out, it is a LG so I put 9 mutts in last saturday and will probably put a dozen in tomorrow. Why? cause as you all know this is ADDICTIVE! My first egg is in lockdown in my hatcher and hits day 21 tomorrow!

Max

It is a brooder? They are labeled "pet Nursery intensive care unit" made by Joe Freeds Pet-iatric supplies. My wife has them for when her parrots that she is hand feeding aren't doin so well. I have been using them for brooders when I bring chicks home from the feed store.

Max

Well my first attempt was a bust. My one egg that was good from my first set was due Sunday, Monday while I was at work my wife was texting me constantly with updates because the egg was moving all over the place. It never did break the shell though. No movement yesterday so my wife broke it open today to find a fully formed chick that had died. She tells me now that in the future they only get till their due date then she's helpin them out!! I have two more due this Sunday so we'll see.

Max

I think I figured it out! I had gone out (ok it was the LW) and got the thermometers/hygrometers shown on here, what I hadn't done is read far enough to catch on about the importance of calibrating!!! The one I was using in my Hatcher was 4* shy!
sad.png

So I cooked that poor little guy. I just put 2 more eggs in my hatcher that are due Sunday, hopefully I have my issues (at least with the hatcher) straightened out!

Max

Back
Top Bottom