My heart hurts *horrible update post 21*

bt03

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Over the rainbow...
hit.gif
hit.gif
Never again will I plan on sleeping in. I set out food and water last night because I knew that today would be the first chance in a long time that I get to sleep in. I went outside at 9 and found the gate wide open Pekin dead on the ground with blood on her belly and her back and my Chips is gone. Bejing is a little roughed up and Oliver is missing a small patch of feathers near his neck. Olivia and Dips seem to be ok but extreamly quiet. I don't know what happened! The gate is always closed there are no raccoons foxes coyotes or other wild animals this side of the town and I have yet to see a wild dog or stray cat anywhere near by. The had to jump a 3 foot fence to get to the ducks but walked right past my Cornish Cross to get to the fence. Suzie is a disabled chicken so I don't know how they totally missed her in the process of getting to the ducks. I know I shouldn't but I'm crying like a baby right now because I want my ducks. Pekin was the loudest and funniest of the group and we were just trying to correct Dips' angel wing. My husband is going to check the camera for me to see what happened but I'm not allowed to watch it because he knows what it will do to me to see what happened to my babies. I want my duckies
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
hugs.gif
Don't blame yourself! It sounds like you deserved/needed a day to sleep in. You were doing the right thing taking care of yourself and something unfortunate just happened during that time, it's not your fault. I hope your husbands investigation helps you guys find a helpful solution to protecting your babies. Feel better!!

I'm so sorry. I cry too when we lose a feathered friend to injury or illness. Maybe the footage will give your husband some clue what predator attacked the flock. Don't be too hard on yourself.

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry for your loss! I know how hard it is to lose our feathered babies, I too have cried a river after a loss. I pray that you will find some solace and comfort in nursing the babies that are still in need of your care.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
Im so sorry! Had the same thing happen to 2 of my pekins. Imagine how mad I was when I found out it was my own dog! Unlatched the gate on the pen and luckily one survived by making it to my backyard pond. I cried like a baby.

Back
Top Bottom