My heart is broken

Quote:
I would definitely be concerned about the chicken wire. There are so many threads on here about how chicken wire is not predator proof because of the wide openings. My husband said the same thing and I just ignored him, lol.

As hard as we try to keep secure, if a predator wants something you have, they will get it. We all think we are secure in our homes, but other people break in, and people get hurt and killed. It happens all the time.

I hope you keep your lone baby until you can get her some friends!. I got told by some lovely person here on BYC after two of my babies died that I should put a stuffed animal in the coop with the lonely guy (a roo) and spend more time with it.

It became the sweetest pet! I took him with me in the garden and he'd scurry over to eat the bugs I unearthed while I was pulling up weeds. And I discovered at night that he did sleep all cuddled with the stuffed toy (it was a purple chicken!) Then I caught him sleeping on it!

Now, he has two new friends and they are getting along pretty good, but they aren't allowed near that toy! But, Rooroo became a much gentler pet, he comes when he's called and is easily handled.

I AM sorry for your loss.... try to keep your Cookie!

She is a changed bird for sure. She lets me carry her around! I see myself walking the dogs with a chicken in a backpack some day.
lol.png

Im so sorry about cookie and for you and crumb. But in a way wouldn't it be better for cookie if she passed away instead of suffering? poor you and crumb. i hope you can find another great chicken to be crumbs buddy. It will never replace cookie but maybe she can help you both recover. best wishes,

Jenny

I just took on a rooster last night...and his two ladies cried for 20 minutes last night and all day they've been looking for him...even though he has nine new buddies he is sooo depressed...We know we feel it but they too are traumatized

Back
Top Bottom