my hen is almost 10 months and still isnt laying what do i do

chickenbottom

Songster
11 Years
Dec 30, 2008
hollister, florida
ok my hen is a dominique she is 10 months old and not a single egg shes sorta small to she get alot of food she likes veggies alot but still no egg! what can i do to help her she had about 12 hours of light a day

yes im sure she hasnt shown signs of a rooster or crowing in the fact of that matter and our local farmer says she is the comb is quite small and pink but should be laying very soon but im getting to believe she is just a dud

she has scratch feed and she really loves to eat veggies like letus she likes cucumbers she likes grapes apples she get a bit of everything we even give her some bugs to chase around yesterday she ate crickets 25 of them but still no eggs. could she be lonley or something?

When you talk about her food you make no mention of feeding her any layer pellets or crumble. You might want to start feeding her that and alot less scratch.

ok i will do that the farmer i had said in my previous post said dont start her on laying pellets until her first egg thats what he does any all of them are laying now

We have a girl about like yours.We got her on March/23/08,her son thought it would be funny if he got his momma a chicken for Easter.Little did he know it would cause a chain reaction.....LOL.As you can see in my pic of my girl...she aint little,but no eggs.I was told I was feeding them wrong.To give nothing but laying only.I was giving mine 50%sratch/50%layer.I was told that scratch is only suppose to be given as a treat.I have 2 Delware boys that should be bigger than what they are,but they are not,so.......I'm changing their feeding regimen to see if that makes a difference In my birds.I'm new to chickens myself and if I need good answers or advice I come here...BYC.These people usually knows quite alot and can help.
By the way..........
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Here is our Peep Peep
9926_pictures_123.jpg

Back
Top Bottom