MY HEN IS BEING BULLIED, PLEASE HELP

pickandpeck185

Hatching
7 Years
Jul 3, 2012
i have 2 isa brown chooks, theyve been with me for about 3 years and have been bestfriends. About a week ago now one of my girls appeared broody (staying in her nesting box, pecking feathers, making little "bob" noises). So we decided to lock the nesting box and force her to walk around outside. But now the other hen fancies her chances at being head chook and is depriving my broody chicken of food and water ( like its not hard enough to get her to drink it anyway). The poor little thing is terriefied of my other hen, although ive seen no pecking or bleeding towards the broody hen, she somehow is terrified as if she is going to be attacked. Her comb and her entire little face is lacking in colour whilst the other hen is beautiful and healthy. I couldnt take it much longer today and decided to lock the bossy hen with food and water in their hutch, and leave the broody hen ( who i dont think is broody at all, maybe just so scared) to wander the garden with her own food and water. She drank water for a solid three minuets as she was so deprived. Im so lost upon what to do from here, i cant leave the other hen in the hutch forever, its too cruel and she wants to be outside. PLEASE HELP,
th.gif

It's possible the one you thought was going broody is actually ill. Chickens sense when another one is sick ant attack. If they were mine I'd find a way to give them separate living space, food and water, and see what happens.

Hello there i have just getting a loverly trio of lemone sablepoots tow hens and a roo but one of the hens is giving the uther a hard time ???? No blood shed but bn verry bossy towards the lil one need help

We have that happen sometimes, and end up having to move the momma to a different pen after hatching. Messes with the plan to have different kinds in different pens, but... the momma will find a place in the new family. I sneak her in late @ night.

Back
Top Bottom