My Hen is not eating food or drinking, and is pooping out blood, help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Hen caring Arsalan, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Hen caring Arsalan

Hen caring Arsalan Just Hatched

Jun 17, 2017
    My hen is not eating food or drinking and also she rarely moves. It's been a Day and now its getting worse. She pooped out some blood with some white stuff. Can anyone please help me :(

2. Hen caring Arsalan

Jun 17, 2017
    Please help :( :( :(

3. Hen caring Arsalan

Jun 17, 2017
    Can anyone please please please please please help me. My hen is 1 year old and i want her to live, not to die :( i love my hen sooo much :(

4. Franzoo

Franzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2016
    I'm sorry, for your sick baby. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will answer soon. Sounds like coccidiossi (sp?). Look on posts referring to it.

5. Hen caring Arsalan

Jun 17, 2017
    Yes, i love her sooo much...please pray for her to survive this night so i can take her to a vet next morning...i have never lost a chicken and i never want to :( . By the way thanks for replying :)

6. Hen caring Arsalan

Jun 17, 2017
    I'll search that up.

7. Franzoo

Franzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2016
    YouTube videos on tube feeding too. Looks scary, but I have successfully done it to help a chicken not eating or drinking.

8. Hen caring Arsalan

Jun 17, 2017
    I'll check if i have a tube. But if i dont how can i forcefully let her drink water ?

9. Hen caring Arsalan

Jun 17, 2017
    Sadly, I dont have a tube. I could wait till morning and take her to a vet, she ate a little yesterday and drank lot of water but now today she didnt even eat a little bit, i took her to a vet but it was closed please... pray for the hen to stay alive till tommorow so i can take her to a vet :( :( :( :( :( :( :( i have seprated her from my other hen the other hen was doing fine but same as her she was not eating or drinking much.

10. 4 Georgia Hens

4 Georgia Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2017
    Northern Georgia
    She has coccidiosis. I'm really sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by