My hen keeps pecking me! Help!

My sweet little buff orpington who was always the one who wanted my attention the most has recently turned on me! As soon as I walk in their fenced area she comes and bites my leg! Tonight I had on capris and she almost drew blood! Im in the same dilemma! What on earth happened to my sweet chicken!?

I have noticed one of the other chickens (a larger hen, black sex link) and her (the buff orpington) have been about killing eachother lately. The black sex link is especially mean to my buff and now she is mean.... Goodness gracious my coop is like a soap opera!

We live in Alaska, could it be cabin fever?!

hello someone gave me bantam chickens to free range accross my garden
i was told give them three handfuls of corn per day and they will forage for the rest

at first i thought they were friendly but now i am scared of them

every time they see me they run towards me - one tried to fly on me

to keep them off me i throw corn on the ground

i am getting too scared to go in the garden now

one of them is more feisty than the rest

i do like them but how do i keep them from chasing me

helpme please!

I got pecked twice today from one of my year old buff orpingtons. When I went to the run and let them out (I do this daily and let them play around for about an hour) I reached down to pet her which she really doesn't like. Well, she came over to me when I sat down and she pecked my foot. I told her NO. A little later she pecked the other foot, now I'm not happy and gave her a little thump (not hard as I would never hurt my babies) and said NO. She is not the head honcho of the group, however; when I have to pick up one of the girls for any reason, she (Lucy) always comes to their rescue and try's to peck me. Not sure what is up with her today. If she continues, I will lock her up in the run while the other girls play to see how she likes that. Little stinker....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom