My Hen needs a name, I am drawing a Blank on this.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ItsSuzzie, Oct 3, 2008.

1. vermontgal

vermontgal Songster

The introductory post said "she lays light green eggs"! But maybe she is a very amazing rooster.

2. HenSpa

HenSpa Songster

I think you should call her "Ham." (Green Eggs & Ham)

3. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Thank you..... i guess i was looking too fast. Funny thing too..... it was your Hen that fooled me too wasn't it? I have decided that i am not as good as i thought i was [​IMG]

4. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Quote:*haha* Guess I must've missed that....[​IMG]

5. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Songster

Lola better hope she is not a Rooster. I have 3 Americana Roosters already and that is more than enough at this time.

I bought this bird at the local feed store, SO I suppose it is possible.

I wondered about that, walking upright and such. I did find a green egg in the cage and I assumed it was from Lola cause the facial coloring is red not pink.

Would not another Rooster know? Both Roosters were doing that one legged twitchy dance if you know what I mean. Neither raised the neck feathers and jumped up sticking out the feet.

No crowing from this bird, no sexual acts. No fighting with the other three roosters in the coupe.[​IMG]

6. Jolyn

Jolyn Songster

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Her name was Lola, she was a show girl, with yellow feathers in her hair and her dress cut down to there.........

Heehee...... i couldn't resist!!!!

7. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Songster

[​IMG]

Take a Bow Lola.
    [​IMG]

Ok, If Lola turns out to be a Rooster, does anyone in this club want/need an Americana Rooster....FREE. I live in Lucerne Valley, Ca.

8. ItsSuzzie

ItsSuzzie Songster

Ok, you guys were right. Lola is a male.

9. skand

skand Songster

Sep 29, 2008
    Odessa, Tx
    So does that make him a Landon?

10. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Or stew [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: