My hen stopped laying egg since her last molt

Laddu

Songster
May 1, 2021
India
Hello there...
My hen stopped laying egg since her last molt.( She started molting around last year in October) It got me worry some because I care for her as I still feed her the layerer feed n she's just 3 years old..
Can it be possible that she don't lay anymore...??

Depending on her breed, at 3 years old her best egg laying years may be over. Older hens take longer to recover from a molt and tend to lay fewer eggs. What is your day light period now?

Depending on her breed, at 3 years old her best egg laying years may be over. Older hens take longer to recover from a molt and tend to lay fewer eggs. What is your day light period now?
Alright... But should I change her feed from layerer hen to something??
It's the start of spring here. I woke her up at 11 in the morning n she sleep at 11 in the night 🌃

Do you have something like all flock feed (or even chick feed) available, a feed that has around 1% calcium instead of 4% calcium like layer feed? Since she's not currently laying she does not need the extra calcium, and in the US at least those other feeds often have higher protein which can help hens feather back in after molt.

The older she gets the longer her non-laying period will be after molt, it's just how it is.

Back
Top Bottom