My hen was attacked

Chickenlover1998

Hatching
Oct 1, 2023
My hen was attacked by a coydog a few weeks ago it aggressively attacked her on the head I ran outside cause I heard the attack. she refuses to eat and drink. We tried using a syringe. And make a mush out of cat food but she didn’t want to eat that. We take her out and put her in a pin and stay outside with her but she just sits there with her head dropped we don’t know what to do.we used the best medicine

Last edited:
Aww, I'm sorry sorry, I'm worried about my girl, she was attacked by a raccoon last nite, she won't lift her head or open her eyes, she was talking to me lastnite but this morning sounds weaker and a little raspy when she talks to me, but she's still trying to talk to me, albeit, very weakly, I put vetrycyn on the wound(s) on her neck, I tried to offer water in a syringe with apple cider vinegar in in, she won't take it, last nite I did get her to take .30cc of children's ibuprofen, she swallowed it apparently well but I had to force her mouth open, don't know what's going to happen...

Since her head was attacked she may be suffering from brain damage. The head drop is indicative of a head injury. She is even worse now.

Think about it. If this was your dog you would probably put her to sleep. I don't think she will get any better.

Back
Top Bottom