My hen's crop feels like a water balloon

NatureGirl74

Songster
Jul 23, 2020
I have a 9 month old turken EE. This morning I noticed that her abdomen was hanging kind of low. She laid an egg and now it doesn't feel so swollen. I noticed that her crop felt like a water balloon though. It doesn't feel like there's any food in it. Only water or fluid. I was worried about water belly with her abdomen, but she still lays 6 eggs a week and the swelling went down a little. Now I'm worried about her crop. Unfortunately the vet is not an option. What's going on?

I have a 9 month old turken EE. This morning I noticed that her abdomen was hanging kind of low. She laid an egg and now it doesn't feel so swollen. I noticed that her crop felt like a water balloon though. It doesn't feel like there's any food in it. Only water or fluid. I was worried about water belly with her abdomen, but she still lays 6 eggs a week and the swelling went down a little. Now I'm worried about her crop. Unfortunately the vet is not an option. What's going on?
does she digest all her food by EVERY morning?

does she digest all her food by EVERY morning?
I haven't checked this hen in the mornings. She's really skiddish and hard to catch. I noticed her crop at about 11:50am though. It's not completely full, but I can't feel any food in it at all.

Back
Top Bottom