My hens have taken to wandering way up in the neighbor's yard

NHchicks

Songster
9 Years
May 13, 2010
UH OH.

He's not going to like that. He is pretty particular about his lawn. One step in chicken poop and I'll bet he is on my doorstep.

I need to keep those hens contained. Some are 1 yr. old, some are 2 yrs. old, and they have never traveled like this before, but the rooster died this spring and I wonder if he helped to keep them contained.

How do I fix this problem? We have woods, and I believe they are going thru the woods, which also adjourn his yard. Either that or they're just walking up the driveway.

I need to get the flexible vinyl fencing from Lowes - I believe it's about $12 for 50 feet - and then just staple gun it to the trees on the property line and see if I can't get them to stay home.

Does anyone have any recommendations for keeping your hens on your property? We have 12 acres, but naturally, they like the neighbors' better.

Should I try to herd them with the dreaded rake when (IF) I see them heading up there?

chickened

Crowing
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
western Oregon
What is wrong with a good fence? clip the wings if they fly over, they are your birds. You can put a feeder out and keep it full it does help.

Top Bottom